Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Etsy review: Item never delivered

I spent hundreds of dollars purchasing an item from an Etsy vendor, karenmiles, and despite repeated efforts over 6 months, I never got it--there was always some excuse for a delay. I even have in writing that she never delivered the item which I showed Etsy and they take no responsibility for the integrity of their vendors--I am not even allowed to submit a review because (get this) it is too late if you don't get it in 60 days. That means all of their reviews are only from people who did not have serious delays--they can ignore all the serious violations that way. They simply allow irresponsible vendors to continue to claim money from buyers and do nothing about it. A true buyer beware situation.
Loss

Etsy review in Sacramento, California: RYLOwear Horrible craftmanship, copycat seller!!!

Bought a beanie for my 2 year old... worst sewing job and found a long dark hair woven through the wool and I use the word "wool" loosely! REALLY?? Its a thrift shop sweater that was untreated or laundered. I am utterly disgusted. Once gently treated in lanolin, the stitching came apart and could be soon through to the outside of the beanie. Vicky's banner says, 'Being Original is Only Natural." LOL! Her products are poor copies of the original designers. LAME. The onesie set was such bad quality. The applique fabric was off center and frayed. Don't be fooled by the cheaper prices. Her sewing skills are seriously lacking. Chalk this up to a big disappointment!

This was just brought to my attention in the office. I am the owner of RYLOwear, Vicky.

I am suprised to hear you were not satisfied with the product you received. If you would like to contact me and return the item, I will refund your money. Your satisfaction is very important to me.

This is the first I have heard of someone not being satisfied with something they have purchased from me. I can assure you all the items I sell are laundered before fabricating (it does state in my listing that you will receive available fabric since these are upcycled and one of a kind.) You may not have received wool and it clearly states that in the item description.

I am unsure why you didn't contact me to address any issues you may have had with my products.

I have not received any negative feedback on etsy so was unaware of your dissatisfaction. Again, if you would like to return the items for a refund, please let me know.

@Anonymous

I've made lots of purchases on Etsy and unfortunately ran into frauds myself. "This was just brought to my attention in the office."???

LOL! It's Etsy, sweetheart. Are you like 3 Bird Nest ordering from China too? with a warehouses.

I visited your shop and read your reviews. I like the description of "Wonky" best. The aviator hat and flag infinity scarves? One word.

Alibaba. Sick of it.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Etsy review: Scammed by Sherryval (aka SherryImogen, Imogen, ImogenVal, SewSmitten)

Purchased a $250 custom Disney cosplay/Halloween costume from etsy seller Sherryval (Imogen's Sherryval Etsy Shop AKA SherryImogen and ImogenVal) in Sep 2013. Sherryval agreed to ship costume in time for Halloween. After failing to ship the costume on the agreed date, there was no way it was going to arrive for Halloween . She never made my costume, lied several times about having made it/shipped it and after many delays and excuses eventually admitted that she had never made it and would refund my money. She told me she processed the refund several times and lied about why it hadn't gone through. (She never initiated the refund.) She stopped replying to my e-mails asking her for the status of the refund. I found that she opened a new shop at www.sewsmitten.net. When I contacted her through the new site the seller was openly hostile and refused to refund me, stating she shouldn't have to foot the bill for my mistake (I paid her for a costume, never received anything) and that she does not do refunds. As of Apr 2014 I still do not have my refund. My belief in her multiple lies caused me to be unable to report this to etsy, paypal or my credit card in time to initiate a chargeback. Etsy can't help me because it went past the reporting period - I think this is a problem specific to etsy's allowing sellers to do custom listings. The processing time can take so long that by the time someone figures out they are being scammed it is too late to get $$ back from etsy, paypal, or their credit card companies. Etsy needs to put better processes in place for custom sales.
Tags
  • sherryval

Etsy review: Ordered an item, waited 8 weeks, still no item nor refund.

Ordered an item for my daughter's birthday that she really wanted. Seller claimed that it takes 3-4 weeks to manufacture the product, then it would be shipped. So at the 4 week mark, I messaged the seller -- who claimed that she was really busy and that the item would be shipped the following Monday. By Friday of the following week, I had no product, and no communication. I messaged her again, this time elevating my frustration. Her response was "It was mailed Monday, Calm Down." Two weeks later, still no product. A third message to the seller asking for an update and I filed a case with Etsy -- "Oh, I got busy and it is ready to mail, do you still want the product or a refund." Are you kidding me???? I asked for a refund. Now, nearly a week later, still nothing -- no refund, no response, etc. Etsy has done little to help -- preferring to "let buyer and seller work it out." Obviously this model has not worked. Never again, never again. This is NOT EBay where there seems to be a little more muscle in the trust department. Oh -- and by the way, PayPal is of ABSOLUTELY no help either. Filed a lengthy complaint with them and got an immediate form response back that there was nothing they could do. Being that Etsy and EBay are competitors and PayPal is an EBay company, is it any wonder that PayPal will do nothing to help scammed Etsy customers??

I am having exactly the same issue except 16 weeks along! Terrible service.

Loss

No product, terrible costomer service from shop seller and Etsy. Want my well deserved refund.

Ryan March 7, 2014 This is Ryan from Etsy's Trust and Safety team. This case has been escalated for review. Shively90, I’m happy to help you out. Before I can intervene, however, the seller must have the opportunity to provide proof of a resolution. If the case is not resolved after two weeks, Etsy may decide to issue a refund on the seller's behalf. Please comment in the case in two weeks on whether or not you have received your order. Thank you for your patience. Shively90 Shively90 March 7, 2014 The seller does not have the product yet it was up for sale and scheduled to deliver to my house by the 27th of February. I am no longer interested in trying to find another resolution other than a refund. I spent a week attempting to contact the shop owner with no reply, finally got a hold of him to have him say he didn't have it in stock and in order to receive a refund I had to go through Etsy. I had ordered the canvas print for my sister's birthday which is on the 11th. There is no possible way that even at this point if he had the product he would be able to get it to me in time unless he paid for overnight weekend shipping. I ordered it from another company already and they assured me it will get here by the time I need it. All I want is my money back so I can end this ridiculous situation. I have never received such poor customer service in my life and am most definitely not interested in trying to continue to give my business to the shop, it's owner or now Etsy. I would like my money refunded! Shively90 Shively90 March 7, 2014 The shop is no longer even listed on the site. And also would you be able to give me some insight into why in a situation like this the shop owner is deserving of more opportunity than the customer. As a customer I should've had the opportunity to order a product and have it received on time and in good condition. Also a customer I should've had the opportunity to receive prompt, decent customer service. I have had no opportunity here other than the opportunity to deal with hassle after hassle and the opportunity to waste my time. Ryan I am sorry that you assumed that I had anymore patience to devote to this situation, because simply put, I do not. Shively90 Shively90 March 10, 2014 and just an add on I spent a week waiting for it to ship from the 20th of February to the 27th of February, it didn't ship. Through that point to now I've been waiting over a week. If you add that together the shop owner already had two weeks to try and find a resolution... just saying. I would prefer a refund sooner rather than later considering what an unpleasant experience shopping through your website has been, also.... just saying. A response would be appreciated as well, also... just saying. Lol, this has been quite a ridiculous experience. *THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM ETSY AFTER PLACING AN ORDER ON THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPING OUT BY THE 27TH OF FEBRUARY. TODAY IS NOW THE 8TH OF MARCH. I ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT BOTH THE SELLER OF THE SHOP AND ETSY FOR A WEEK (THROUGH BOTH PHONE AND EMAIL) WITH NO RESPONSE, YET THE MONEY HAD ALREADY BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM MY ACCOUNT. I CONTACTED MY BANK TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANYTHING THEY COULD DO, BUT THEY CAN NOT. ETSY MUST ISSUE MY REFUND. ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A SIMPLE REFUND AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT. THAT WOULD MEAN INCLUDING THE TWO WEEKS I'VE ALREADY WASTED ETSY WANTS ME TO CONTINUE TO WASTE ANOTHER TWO (TOTALING A MONTH) TO TRY TO GIVE THE SHOP OWNER AN OPPORTUNITY PROVIDE PROOF OF A RESOLUTION. THE SHOP OWNER DID NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT TO BEGIN WITH AND IT SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN UP FOR SALE. ON TOP OF THAT HE DID NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS FOR A WEEK I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS SITUATION. I WASN'T EVEN GIVEN A FAIR OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY THE REST OF THE SELLERS OR THEIR CRAFTS. DUE TO ETSY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RESPONSE TO THE ISSUE I WILL NEVER SHOP THE ETSY SITE AGAIN!
Service
Etsy Shipping Service
Loss

Etsy shop Michiacouture seller Michelle Evans would not refund for sending me wet phone cases made the night before

I will never do business again with Michelle Evans or her Etsy shop MichiCouture. Here's why I'm very disappointed not only were they not bubble wrapped, only in a silky pouch, but the glue was still soaking wet and the pieces were coming off. That's how I received these finished bling cases.The Eiffel Tower was half off, so I took it off and the rest of the pieces on the case peeled off like a sheet of paper. Michelle was nice enough to throw in a compact for me purchasing two cases, although the compact case did not have rhinestones on it as her shop does. The tissue paper was glued onto the flower which I couldn't get off. Michelle admitted to doing them last minute and not letting them fully dry with her big fan. The cases had to have been made the day of the initial email regarding the status of delivery because the glue was still wet and Michelle said she was in a rush making them and getting them out admitting she didn't let the glue dry all the way. I think that is terrible and I'm very upset knowing she won't refund because she says she's in debt. Michelle admits via email to rushing the cases and not letting the glue dry, then why can't you give me a refund, I spent $96.25 only to get a half job done, terrible. I even offered to ship all her pieces everything back. Her last email was very unprofessional. This is what made me change my mind about leaving a negative review. This email is highly unprofessional and what I got out of it was she won't refund because she needs the money. One of the last emails was Michelle swearing at me. How awful for a business owner "MichiCouture's Shop Announcement Policy" "Each phone is custom made and "can possibly take 2-3 weeks to make." My order was not shipped until Feb 17th only because I had reminded Michelle via email asking about the status of my order on Feb 16th..2-3 weeks have exhausted so I wrote a nice email asking about the status of my order I filed a dispute, sent over every single email conversation we had and sent pictures. I was refunded, but not by Michelle. The review was removed making it look like She does a wonderful job. It's probably my fault bc I posted every single conversation we had via email thru links. I'm a person of truth, honesty and integrity and wanted to show that I had nothing to hide I want to prevent this from happening to anyone else buying from Etsy Shop MichiCouture owner Michelle Evans

She no longer seems to have anything available through her Etsy shop (which means all her public reviews are long gone), but DOES have a link to a website she is "building" through which she can sell more of her repugnant "crafts." Obviously she didn't like having public reviews, so she's designing a site she can hide behind. What a deviously contemptible *** I feel sorry for her children. By the way, don't you just LOVE her little avatar?

@Mic***e Evans is a Liar

You are way too angry over crafts. Get a life...

Waa waa BooSki Lo !! Your blogs are all about slamming products like you are some expert on cosmetics, accessories, etc.

I am a prior customer of the couture cases merchant you are talking about and they are beautiful. Actually I have purchased 3 cases over time.

I can't say what you did with your case after receiving it or what can be proved or disproved, but you are not a reliable source to follow or BELIEVE.

@Waryofuncrediblereviews

Very angry you are, defensive much.

View more comments (3)
Review

Etsy review in Camden, New Jersey: Placed an order on line on December 11, 2013. Have not yet received shipment. Paid $203.98.

Received an Electronic Shipping Notice on January 6th. Package was never mailed at the Rosemead, CA post office. I just spoke with Postmaster of that PO and he informs me the electronic shipping notice was made but never mailed. Please help me. This was to be a Christmas present for my grandson. I was informed shipping would take 2 weeks. I heard nothing of my order until I got the Shipping Notice want my merchandise right away of it not the merchandise, I want a refund. I feel I have been ripped off! My tracking # is 9405511899560728231496. Kay Bryant 10 E. Summerfield Avenue Collingswood, NJ 08108 (856) 816-6110
Loss

BUYERS BEWARE OF THE ETSY SHOP MYWOOBYANDME!!!!!!!

MY WOOBY AND ME IS THE WORST ETSY SHOP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE REPOST THIS I ordered a blanket for my son from My Wooby and Me on Nov 19thbfor $82.06. My payment went through and Nov 20. I have yet to receive the blanket. Need less to say I contacted the shop owner Chris and she was rude and snarky. She refuses to give me a refund and apparently will be Shipping my blanket on Tuesday. Upon reading her reviews from other customers this is not the first time she has done this. She also has a tendency of creating shipping labels but not shipping anything for another two weeks. I just want my money back. I have the conversation recorded via email, and on my Facebook page. My Facebook name is Melanie Figueroa if you would like to view it. I hope this will give her an incentive to not continue to do this to honest and hardworking people.

I also ordered something from this shop last year and had a ton of issues. She used the excuse of her brother dying and that they moved and when I went back to read reviews later I saw she had used the same two excuses on others in previous months.

How many brothers does this person have. I was very polite and told her that we were moving and that she could ship it to our new address in a week or two and she immediately sent it out that night (thought the tracking number didn't show until 10 days later). Needless to say it delivered to the house, but to the person who lives there now. We never ever received it.

I have debated bringing her poor manner of speaking to people and her nasty responses to all these people who are "so rude" to her. I know for a fact that many are probably not.

I also think that the news should do a report on her to escalate the situation. She should not be in business!!!!

BEWARE of ETSY! Some merchants are not legitimate

Update by user Dec 12, 2013

CANCEL THIS REVIEW - except still terrible communications.

I received the package today.

Update by user Dec 12, 2013

I have had NO response from Etsy; they are the only ones who have any influence on this merchant.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2013

I ordered a necklace from an Etsy merchant - whose store is called "ljjewelry", whose email address is listed as ljjewelry@yahoo.cn and to whom a PayPal payment was made to bestfindin@gmail.com. That was Nov 24 - there was never sent any tracking information and no notices of status. Two days ago, I emailed the merchant requesting a status update and the email bounced. Next I emailed the PayPal email address, forwarding my earlier message to the other address. Next, I emailed Etsy to let them know that I consider this merchant as fraudulent and that I will be issuing a formal complaint on that merchant.
Loss

New mother ripped off! Seller delays and requests for extensions meant when product never turned up I had no recourse - etsy shuts down reviews and complaints too soon after purchase.

Etsy does nothing to patrol untrustworthy sellers who dont deliver. I bought handmade baby blankets for my new baby by MyWoobyandMe. Beware Buyers! The seller Chris didn't follow up after payment and then said she was behind on orders when she finally returned my emails. She then'sent' the blankets - but the shipping number was a fake. Because I was polite and waited, I had missed the cut-off to complain. I saw in her feedback similar recent issues but i was shut out of leaving feedback . she told me i could sort out deliver details myself! I left a message with Etsy as i feel its a systemic issue with the seller taking buyers money and not delivering products - but have never had a response from etsy. There is no recourse for the seller who took my money and got away with it! Others will be ripped off too if they are polite and waited like I did, but I can't share it on st etsy forum.
#762007

I ordered a blanket from mywoobyandme for my son from on Nov 19th for $82.06. My payment went through on Nov 20.

I have yet to receive the blanket. Need less to say I contacted the shop owner Chris and she was rude and snarky. She refuses to give me a refund and apparently will be shipping my blanket on Tuesday. Upon reading her reviews from other customers this is not the first time she has done this.

She also has a tendency of creating shipping labels but not shipping anything for another two weeks. I have our conversation recorded via email and snapshot of the it. If you would like to view it you can see it on my Facebook page under Melanie Figueroa.

I'm hoping I get my money back from the bank in the morning. :(

Yep, they've grown too big for their britches and do not have the staff to help for the customer. I do not trust them at all!

View more comments (1)