Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Etsy review in Great Neck, New York: Nonexistent Customer Service

I had a terrible experience buying something on Etsy that was not as described. When I asked the seller for a refund, she agreed, then changed her mind and stopped responding to me. I disputed through PayPal and then received a series of harassing e-mails from this seller demanding I send back her defective items immediately or she would take "legal action." Keep in mind the items were less than $10 and, accounting for the damage, probably worth less than half that amount. Etsy refused to block this seller for misrepresenting her merchandise or block her from contacting me. It wasn't until I put a complaint into the BBB that I got any response from them, which was only to tell me to stop contacting her?! Complete BS and total waste of my time to have to deal with this mess. Most of the sellers on Etsy are nice, but you will rue the day when you have a crazy one and have nowhere to turn for support!

I own two shops on etsy both of which pay for my full time living(I feed my family with these shops). They are now sending me messages saying I stole someone's copywritten artwork that I designed myself and copyrighted.

Even after I sent them a counter notice with my copyright info they will not respond. They continue to listen to this other shop owner who doesn't own the copyright. What's even better, because this shop owner is competition, he has been buying items from store having them shipped to the local Home Depots, Lowe's,etc near him(I didn't know this until I looked into it)just to leave me negative feedback and destroy my store. Competition erased in his mind.

I received the packages back, unopened and I called the Home Depot's manager who informed no one there ordered it and sent it back without opening it yet the "purchaser" left several negative feedbacks about how the products were *** without ever seeing them because obviously they went to a home improvement store. With all kinds of evidence in hand I went to etsy with this and after bugging the *** out of them because they don't give two craps about the sellers, I finally went on their twitter and blasted them and FINALLY got their attention. Well the woman from etsy said "I'm sorry, I know you have valid evidence but our hands our tied." "He ordered it so he can leave whatever feedback he likes." So basically this other shop owner is destroying the way I feed my family and etsy doesn't give a ***. All my hard work, the long hours, the family times missed to build this business, all of it just to give myself a stress induced heart attack from this ***?

Etsy is absolutely a scam. They do not care about being ethical or their shop owners.

Most companies and even individual sellers on online selling/buying sites will require you to send merchandise back before giving you a refund. Even a lot of retailers will require you to pay for shipping if you return something, so this really isn't an uncommon practice.

Almost all Etsy sellers list what their return policy is on their "About" page, same with other online selling sites.

If there isn't one listed, your best bet is to ask before purchasing. Besides, if sellers never required customers to send back items they wanted to get a refund on, then everyone could keep items they've purchased and just ask for their money back.

View more comments (1)
Review
ALL THESE etsy SHOPS ARE NOTHING BUT HOBBY LOBBY *** FROM CHINA NOT VINTAGE OR HANDMADE PERIOD WHO ARE YOU KIDDING after etsy threatened to suspend our shop over one "offending" item that was miscategorized....and they leached off our over 2000 sales I had to point out...

Some of these shops have things from Alibaba and Hobby Lobby but not all of them do. You point out one jewelry seller as doing this which is wrong.

She might have used commercially made components but this is allowed and common.

While I agree with you that resold items do not belong on Etsy, you are pointing the finger at some shops that are within compliance. :x

View more comments
Loss

Etsy Inc, AKA Bellacicdesigns

This place is a rip off and sell merchandise, they only have 1 available, but those are just to attract you to the site. Then paypal, will not kick them out, guess they are getting a kick back. I am finished with all these places and paypal. I have 3 places I trust on the net and thats all the shopping we will be doing. Leny on Etsy design and paypal can take a flying leap, what goes around, comes around! Thieves, crooks, cons, thats all most people selling things on the net are about. But, the stupids site, we made a purchase with, we thought was alright because they had paypal. What a joke!

This is a duplicate post, but your issue is with the seller you encountered. I have had nothing but good experiences using Etsy, so the experience you had is not common.

Paypal doesn't own Etsy, so they have no influence on the site and shutting down sellers. Paypal is just an escrow service that anyone can use. When paying with it, it will also tell you if the seller you are buying from is verified or not - I always take a look at that before buying from online sellers if possible.

Also, sellers generally only list one item at a time as each item is supposed to be unique and handmade.

If you're buying a bracelet that the seller can make another of, the second won't necessarily look exactly like the first if it's made by hand, so it's better to get new pictures. You have to pay per item you list, too.

Etsy review in Atlanta, Georgia: They are allowing a company commit fraud

I puchased 3 items from Etsy, AKA, Bellachicdesigns, the items says: only 1 available. I purchased 3 different items that said that. The order # was sent through papal and conf. to ship. The money was extracted from my acc. I never received my merchandise. I had the biggest hassel with everybody. The items are still on there or were for sure when they(paypal) were, so call investigaing my dispute. Some investigating! This liitle gal, called Leny, is using these items as bait and a ploy to get business and attract people to this aweful, *** site. Now, paypal did nothing to boot her out knowing fool well, she is committing fraud. I am so tired of all this on the net and as long as Paypal promotes this kind of behavior, it will only get worse. I did get my money back, but what about my time, my hassel and stress. I closed my acc. with paypal and will NEVER use the idiots again. Also, beware of Etsy Inc. Bellachicdesigns, its a joke, check it out! But, do not make a purchase, you will get it canceled and will not receive it! But, outside of the camoe items, I wanted, there is nothing worth having!

Most sellers on Etsy are honest, so please do not assume that everyone on the site is the same as the seller you encountered. I have purchased items from sellers there in the past and have had good experiences doing so.

I also have friends and acquaintances who use the site for buying and selling.

Make sure to check feedback before buying from any seller online, not just on Etsy.

If you have any questions, contact the seller beforehand and see how quickly they get back to you and how willing they are to answer any questions. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but few people on Etsy will give you a hard time and many really do sell the art they post on there for a living.

I have a shop on Etsy, but not the one you are referring to. Etsy sellers use Only 1 available as Etsy charges us a fee for each item listed. When we sell one, we can relist the item. It's keeps our costs down.

Paypal has nothing to do with Etsy sellers, other than a way for us to receive money from the buyer.

Your complaint is with Etsy.

View more comments (1)
Review
The admin and staff at Etsy.com are making sellers very uneasy with their quick and not very well thought out closings of stores on their site. http://consumerist.com/360889/sellers-growing-increasingly-unhappy-with-lack-of-professionalism-at-etsy...
Dalylah

I was forced as an etsy seller to give refunds to customers when I had proof their item was delivered and did refund them. Yet they still can leave a negative comment. Etsy legal calls feedback an 'opinion'.

View more comments