Pasadena, California

I contacted the seller this morning to request a cancellation. I spent the night in the hospital and was exhausted and worried about the cost of the stay. I was admitted the hospital last week as well, so I don't know how much Medicare will pay.

The seller send me a convo advising me that the shop does not accept cancellations or returns.

Very brusque, I'd say.

I then told the seller I would return they item and dispute the charge with my credit card company. I received the following in return.

"Dear Jo M

Etsy is the processor of your credit card charges. Please contact Etsy directly with all your payments credit card card charges and all your further inquiries. Again, this sale is final and your item will be shipped as scheduled as we do not accept cancelations and or returns. Furthermore, we do not honor any refunds. Respectfully, we have nothing more to add to what we already stated, please kindly direct all your further communications to Etsy customer service.

Thank you for your attention to the above.

Cyrus"

"I called my credit card company and we blocked the transaction and I sent another request to cancel the order. See Below:

Respectfully. I have contacted my my credit card company and we have blocked this purchase. It makes little sense for you to ship an item for which you cannot collect payment. It's also incredibly bad form to insist upon a sale. - you risk a negative review and it will affect your business.

I'm sorry you insist on taken such a hard line.

Jo"

I received this reply. "This is harassment. Do not contact us again. Contact Etsy support. We will report your harassment to Etsy."

I responded as follows, " would very much like you to report my to Etsy. I would like Etsy to know how unreasonable you have been. I've given you notice about blocking the charge for this piece so if you insist on sending it, Etsy will have a chance to review this matter.

I have had a reply from the seller but honestly, what horrible customer service! The print is $45 and all they need do is relist it. I've sold on Etsy and on eBay for many years and I've always had a "no-hassle-return-policy. Why would I want to force someone into buying something they didn't want or like. Plus, it does not bode well for a review for a seller to insist on this kind policy.

I hate to say it, but eBay always has its buyers' backs and I certainly hope Etsy takes a step in the right direction by emulating eBay's Buyer Gauurantee.

Thank you and I'm sorry things had to come to this,

Joan McDade

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Marketplace.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Seller should keep item and refund my money.

Comments