3.0

Twice I have tried to order something from Etsy (different vendors) and BOTH times I have gotten an account suspended notice. When I inquired as to why, this is the reply I received "Your account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to a stop payment notice from your card issuer about failed attempts to authorize the credit card on file with your account.

Please note that this precaution is taken at the request of your card issuer in order to protect the integrity of our marketplace and the security of our member's financial information." I have NEVER ordered anything from them so there is no way this has happened. After the first time and the thing my daughter in law wanted only came from their site, I sent a" copy of a government issued photo ID or a bank statement for the cardholder(s) on your account" that they requested. I never heard anything back from them and thought this issue was taken care of. (I ended up getting a friend to order the needed item).

That is until yesterday. I attempted to order something else from them and got the same account suspended message. I received the exact same song and dance response from them that I did back in December. If they treat all of their customers this way, I am surprised they are still in business.

If would be different it I had actually placed an order in the past and the vendor had difficulty in getting their payment. This has not occurred as, like I stated previously, I have never been able to purchase anything from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Account.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments