Verified Reviewer

Update by user May 21, 2021

Etsy has net responded

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2021

I signed up as a buyer then immediately signed up as a seller. I provided all the confidential information, including my bank account number.

After the account was set up, I linked my Printful account to my new Etsy account. Printful prints and dropships my designs. Etsy immediately suspended the account without notice or reason provided. Shortly after that they deactivated the account.

I sent them an email and days later I received a response telling me that the deactivation was permanent and warned me never to use Etsy again either as a seller or buyer! I still don't know why.

In the meantime, I tried to log into my Chase online account and discovered my account was blocked because of an attempt to log into my profile that was deemed suspicious. The Chase access was blocked shortly before Etsy canceled my account. I got my Chase access reinstated, and when I asked for the reason my account was blocked, they told me that they could only respond generally and could or would not give me any details.

I told them about Etsy blocking me and I said it seemed coincidental. The Chase rep responded by saying "I would not consider that to be coincidental". So my conclusion is that Chase prevented Etsy from accessing my account and when unsuccessful, they canceled my Etsy account.

The web is replete with anecdotes of Etsy's draconian policies of canceling accounts seemingly at random. Sellers have reported that Etsy held their funds for months.

Etsy is almost impossible to contact. To get support, you need to sign in, so you can't find out why you can't sign in until you sign in.

To be sure, Etsy reserves the right to deactivate accounts in their terms of service in language that should raise red flags with any user. I will never buy or sell from Etsy again, so in that Etsy and I are in agrement. I will recommend to anyone at any opportunity to run from Etsy as fast as possible.

Etsy: That is the reason why I banned you. At least I gave you the courtesy of a reason.

User's recommendation: Run for your life.

Preferred solution: Explanation of the suspension and a written undertaking to remove any private and confidential data that I provided to them..

Comments