I complained to Etsy about a seller who I believed misrepresented the product he was selling on their platform.Etsy never investigated instead, only stated that the complaint would be put on seller's file.

I lost the amount it cost to courier the items back to seller. Also, once items are returned and order cancelled Etsy website is set up to prevent you from reviewing the product. Be warned because Etsy does not offer buyers protection.

You are likely to recieve responses such as this "Because Etsy is a venue, it's up to each seller to decide how to resolve these kinds of disputes with their buyer.It's our hope that both the buyer and seller will come to a mutual resolution, but we regretfully cannot guarantee that this will be the case"

Review about: Etsy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: I was left at the mercy of the seller.

Had an Experience with Etsy?

Comments

I ordered a vintage mirror.Looked like all was set, then shipping cost was "too much" so seller was refunding my $$.

I contacted the seller and said I was willing to pay the extra. Seller then said it was a bit more. I said ok, was going to realist and send item, then backed out again!!!

I wasted 2 days going back and forth.Terrible experience even though I lost no $$.