As a seller, I am finding Etsy's dispute policies ridiculous. I recently sent a woman an expensive item.

She emailed me that she changed her mind. Although I have a no returns policy, I agreed that she could refuse the package and upon receipt, I would refund. Instead of refusing it she took it to a UPS neighborhood store, purchased insurance and sent it back. It came back broken.

Like most UPS stores, they refused her claim, saying it was broken when they got it. How do they know that....they never opened it. After a month she finally made a claim with corporate UPS and they are paying her claim. Here is Etsy's response....even though she will be getting a refund from UPS, I have to refund her money.

How does that make any sense. She will be collecting twice....once from UPS and once from the Etsy refund. I have no way to get my money. Even the buyer has asked them to hold off and they refuse, have suspended my shop and are taking the funds from my account.

Also, funds from my previous sales are being held for 6 months.

I am out the item, $250 and my shop. I would love to find a different venue to sell from.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Customer Care.

Comments