Verified Buyer

A customer opened a case when an item did not ship when she thought it should, which was 1 week sooner than the production time for the item. She also provided Etsy an old tracking number, so obviously it didn't show any movement.

Etsy issued a refund without the slightest investigation or contact, and put my payment account in the red. Since the refund caused a negative balance, my account was suspended completely. I have nearly $300 in open orders I can no longer fulfill or even view, so when all is said and done, I will owe Etsy around $500 and will have potentially lost thousands in revenue, not to mention the damage to my business name and reputation. To top it all off, the buyer still received the item, so there's another $100 I've lost.

Etsy is a criminal whose fees and one-sided policies will cripple even a successful shop. There needs to be some kind of reckoning.

User's recommendation: Sell anywhere else!

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Seller Program.

Preferred solution: I was my account reinstated and I was my incorrect negative balance removed. I also want compensation for lost income and the damage done to my business..

Etsy Pros: Large customer base.

Etsy Cons: Never delivered or refunded, Refused to accept responsibility, Questionable honesty, Etsy help desk was no help and rude, No communication.

Comments