Saint Paul, Minnesota

I purchased a $950.00 vintage desk from southern water lilies on Etsy and paid for it to be shipped usps. It weighed too much for usps so she sent it UPS. I was horrified but it was too late she had already shipped it.

she insured it for only 100.00. It was not wrapped well enough. Its amazing that it arrived in one piece. Naturally it arrived damaged. 3 cracked legs and a crushed corner.

She quit answering my e-mails when I asked her to help me with repair costs. She did answer one and complained how she had used some of her own money to send it UPS. I would never have okayed UPS unless the piece was in a crate. She said it was crated--it was wrapped in bubble wrap and cardboard. God.

I asked her repeatedly about the condition of the desk before I purchased it she replied it was in wonderful condition. It has a large mark on the top and the lacquer was touched up with magic marker. She said it was from the previous owner. What kind of answer is that? I basically had to put my trust in this *** and I learned my lesson.

What a terrible business person. At least the desk can be repaired.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Etsy Cons: No response from seller.

Comments

I looked through her reviews (https://www.etsy.com/shop/SouthernWaterlillies/reviews?page=1 ) and it seems as if she has a history of ill-packing things. Did you read her reviews before you purchased?

She apparently managed to badly pack many smaller items; I would NEVER have trusted her with something so large, important and expensive. :(