1.8

Recently I purchased a shirt from an Esty seller (By Way of Faith) that not only arrived in a completely different style than pictured, but also had irregular shaping and hanger bumps in the arm and shoulder areas. The advertised photo was a jewel neck tshirt.

What I received was a V-neck tshirt. The shirt was purchased to be worn in a professional photo session, not to mention for my official birthday gathering. In short, the quality of the shirt was poor and very masculine looking and not at all up to par with the hundreds of stock photos listed on the website. Upon receiving the shirt I immediately contacted the seller and told her my concerns about the style and irregularities in the shirt.

I was humble in my approach in stating that I would like to reach a conclusion that is "fair to both parties". The seller reminded me of her "no refunds" policy and blamed me for not having read the fine print in the product description stating that the actual shirt would differ from the advertised photo. Regarding the hanger bumps, the seller was very defensive stating multiple times that they "don't use hangers" and recommended that I merely "iron" the shirt to "get the wrinkles out". I wrote to the seller multiple times and requested a refund.

The seller was extremely rude and unprofessional and ignored my emails. I mailed the shirt back to the seller and consulted with an Etsy rep who explained the review process and informed me that Etsy does not interpret quality and that the seller was covered because of what was written in the details of the product description. Having gone back and read the reviews and responses that the seller had left for negative reviews; I decided to give the seller an honest review with a 4 star rating to ensure that my review was not compromised. I contacted Etsy before and after my review and was told that it did not violate any Etsy policy.

After posting my review I started to receive harassing emails from the seller. Not only was she upset about the review, but from there she made personal attacks against on my character calling me names like petty, dishonest, and a bully. I emphasized to the seller that I did not want to be contacted again. The seller threatened to file a formal complaint with Etsy and the following day my review was removed.

I then opened a case and contacted Etsy numerous times. Opening the case opened the door for further insults from the seller who was now more confident and aggressive in her approach bragging about her five star ratings and volume of weekly sales. The dialogue was very abusive and upsetting to the degree that I closed the case to stop the flood of negative messages I was receiving. In a very emotional phone call with an Etsy rep I explained that all I wanted to do was look nice for my 45th birthday.

I am a customer who went online and purchased a tshirt. The shirt was hideous and was too embarrassing to be worn in my photos or much less my birthday celebration. I spent my birthday week looking for other clothing options at the last minute, coupled with engaging in negative banter about a shirt that is visibly not up to par with the stock photos (even the v-necks) advertised on the merchant's webpage. When everything was said and done I received correspondence from Etsy stating that my review was removed because I violated policy by giving a negative rating with a 4 star review.

I received a separate email stating that the case that was reopened was now closed because I violated Etsy's policy by mailing the item back to the seller without an agreement. The seller contacted me to inform me that she rejected my return and that I was no longer able to purchase from her shop because I am a "dishonest bully". So as it stands, I'm out $32 for a shirt that is masculine and irregular. I have been insulted and verbally attacked by a seller.

And worst, I am not allowed to share this experience with other unsuspecting customers. For the record, I have never had an issue with an Etsy seller. Prior to now I have never left a negative review. I even gave this seller a second opportunity after I encountered issues with her from a previous order.

This seller has mastered the art of using the Etsy system to her advantage. She purposely does not post actual photos of her products. She has a strict no refunds policy. She harasses customers in her messages and review rebuttals, and files complaints against buyers to have negative reviews removed.

This seller definitely knows the system and will go on to do this to another customer. As a customer I am left feeling like I was punished for simply expecting to receive what I paid for. Clearly I am not well versed in how to get over using the Etsy system. Nor am a bully.

My hope is that this seller will not be allowed to continue to ruin people's memories.

To say the least, the stock photos versus the products she's sending out is questionable and extremely deceptive. I attempted to convey this to an Etsy representative, however it fell on deaf ears.

Review about: Made In 1973 All Original Parts T-Shirt.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Difficulty contacting customer service, Handling of disputes between buyers and sellers.

Comments