Verified Reviewer

The real test of a good company is the way it deals with customer complaints my experience of both Ely and ArtPrintClassic is that their customer service is appalling - I will never use either company again.

1.According to the Etsy site the shop policies dated 23 May 2018 estimated deliveries to Europe take 3-5 business days, adequate time for a delivery pre-Christmas.

2.I placed the order on 16th December 2020 with Etsy for three ArtPrintClassic prints.

3.Not until I had placed the order was I given a delivery date of 5th January, too late for Christmas gifts and so on 17th December I set about cancelling the order.

4.I followed the steps advised on the Etsy site sending a message to the vender ArtPrintClassic cancelling the order and explaining why.

5.There being no response from ArtPrintClassic I contacted Etsy on 18th December explaining that I wished to cancel the order and why, that I had followed the procedure advised on their site but had received no response from ArtPrintClassic. They replied that they had no way of contacting ArtPrintClassic and the only procedure available was for me to follow the procedure advised on their site.

Not satisfied with the response I insisted the issue be expedited to a senior member of the customer service team and I again explained that I wanted to cancel the order and why. The response was the same, there was nothing they could do. I therefore resolved to wait for the Prints to arrive and set about returning them.

6.On 19th December I received despatch details and a tracking link for the order.

7.The tracking indicated that the goods remained in Latvia until 30th December, 11 days, 7 working day since their despatch. The goods were delivered on 4th January 16 days, 8 working days following their despatch.

8.On 4th January I emailed ArtPrintClassic the following message.

I have received and wish to return order no. 188591**** and have a full refund of £152.00 please. Not until I had placed the order was the delivery date provided and when I contacted the supplier explaining that I wanted the items as Christmas gifts and that January 5th delivery was too late I was unable to cancel the order. The customer service was, frankly appalling.

I attempted to contact the vender directly on line and could find no way of doing so. Having today received delivery of the three prints I now want to arrange their return and be provided a full refund please. Please provide details of how and to what address the order should be returned. Regards.***

9.Five days later, today 9th January, I have received the first and only response from you.

10.I have done everything within my power to contact you since 16th December three weeks ago to cancel the order but have been fraughted by both the Etsy and ArtPrintClassic poor communications.

Neither of you have an easily accessed means for orders to be cancelled and the customer service aspect of the services is frankly appalling.

As lovely as the Prints are they are of no use to me, I wanted them as gifts for Christmas but the occasion has no passed, and I would like to return them to you and receive a full refund please. Please provide details of how I can return the prints to you and how and when I will receive a refund of £152.00

11.I received no reply.

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere.

Etsy Cons: Appalling customer service.

Comments