Bottom line: Etsy imho is no longer a viable place to shop. In earlier days i enjoyed purchasing unique, home-made or custom made items.

Now the site seems to me to be loaded with over-priced mass-produced stuff. Adding insult to injury, Etsy does not protect its buyers - unlike Ebay which is terrific in that regard. So why on earth shop Etsy, except for maybe inexpensive items, if you have money to burn. On Dec 2, 2017, i ordered custom-made felt slippers from an overseas shop.

The seller advertised their goods as 'Handmade, Made to order'. That's why i shopped there; i am a hard-to-find 9 1/2 AA - which i made perfectly clear: "My foot size, US measurement: 9 1/2 AA; I have a fairly high instep; definitely NOT flat." Why she asked about instep is beyond me. Slippers are flat. The slippers that arrived - January 8, 2018 - would be too big for an elephant!

I suspect not handmade, and definitely not custom-made. Nor do they look like the image posted. I was SO SO deflated when they arrived, and then angry. I wrote to the seller; no response.

So i left a negative review. That got attention; however, the seller wanted me to ship the package back - my expense - and either get my money back ($52; a lot to me), or let her try again. I decided to cut my losses. But not before filing a complaint at Etsy, and uploading photos.

But Etsy does not get involved. My guess is that this site will fade...as it should.

FYI: i posted this also on ConsumerAffairs; what an eyeful there from other Etsy buyers AND sellers! Not a good company; especially after Josh Silverman became CEO in November, 2017.

Review about: Slippers.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Products until now.

I didn't like: Deceptive store, No receiving the product i paid for.

Comments