1.5
Style and Design

I ordered two collars from CollarTown for our two greyhounds.After a fair amount of time, I tracked the order and it had not even shipped yet.

So, I contacted CollarTown to check on the shipping date. That's all I wanted, a simple ship date. THAT was the wrong question!!! Heres our messages.

Me: Can you give me the shipping date on this order? Maggie: Hi there, What is the ship date on the receipt? Thank you, Maggie Me: No idea. Maggie: At the top right of the page go to "You", purchases and review and click on your receipt.

The dispatch date is the 8th, it always has been. My dispatch times are clearly written in my shop polices, listings and info. Me: Why don't you just tell me December 8th is the shipping date? Maggie: It's to teach where to find these dates as each shop owner on etsy has different dates.

I see your frustrated with this transaction, I have gone ahead and cancelled your order as I do not want a dis-satisfied customer. I'm sorry that I could not provide you with faster service. Wish you well. Me: Now, I am a dissatisfied customer and I don't want the order cancelled, I want the collars that I ordered.

I did not question the speed of service, I just wanted to know the shipping date! ETSY says that the buyer and owner reached an agreement to cancel the transaction. I did not agree to that! I will post this conversation so that others can see the problems.

I will make sure that many people will see this! Maggie: Alan, I have fully refunded your order. I do not appreciate being threatened.

Me: That was not a threat!You definitely need to learn customer service, because you certainly don't understand what that means.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered. This person is overall dissatisfied with Etsy. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Etsy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Etsy to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Etsy?

Comments

Buffalo, New York, United States #1275981

Alan, I saw this post and couldn't believe how badly and snarky you were treated.Maggie couldn't just simply answer a question!!

You may want to check out Made by Cleo on Etsy. She makes and sells pet collars. I have ordered several cat collars from her. Wonderful quality and she answered questions for me before I placed all my orders.

Orders arrived timely.She's so good, I highly recommend her.