Raleigh, North Carolina

The admin and staff at Etsy.com are making sellers very uneasy with their quick and not very well thought out closings of stores on their site.

Etsy needs to put into place some very clear and precise policies if they want to keep their sellers happy. Currently, their policies about shop closures, buyer/seller disputes are greatly lacking and it is causing sellers to lose faith in the Etsy staff. Etsy needs to do some serious house cleaning.

Comments

tsalbacka

I was forced as an etsy seller to give refunds to customers when I had proof their item was delivered and did refund them. Yet they still can leave a negative comment. Etsy legal calls feedback an 'opinion'.

Etsy is moving more towards some strange pintetsy hybrid, they care very little about actual success for the bulk of it's sellers, to them the currency is clicks. The value of Etsy to Etsy is the number of clicks they can claim, anyone who does not lock step with their whims is at risk of closure, ANYONE! Speak out on or off Etsy at your own risk if you maintain a shop, it is without a doubt the strangest cult like venue I have ever seen.

harmonyapotheca

I just filed a complaint myself. They've closed my store, twice, using the vaguest, contradictory, part of their rules "using assistants, and help". Are you kidding? How does one build a business because I not only have to make my products, but, package them, ship, communicate with all my buyers? No other website company asks this.

I hate to get personal, but moreover, my husband was killed in an auto accident three weeks ago, short of our 10th anniversary. Etsy was made aware of this. We also had no life insurance, and my company was my only revenue stream. Etsy was made aware of this, as well.

And then I needed to grieve. I brought in help, I made all my products, as per their rules, and allowed my friends and family to take over the shipping, packaging and communication.But, that wasn't allowed, apparently, and they just, suspended the shop. Again. I've sent plea emails again; but, as usual, not even the decency of a reply.

I've never encountered a business run like this.

But - they'll keep doing it, until people begin to speak up.