Brooklyn, New York

Update by user Oct 23, 2016

Etsy have responded to me finally, but they are still trying to tell me that (a) my product flouts their rules, yet they still allow 357 other products that are the same or similar to exist on their website (b) tell me I can't put our conversations online, when that is such nonsense. I did not agree to be silenced.

I did not agree to that, so they can't enforce their threats and bullying. They don't want the world to see what they're doing. They don't want people to know that they are such bullies and threaten people for no good at reason at all. They can't make me stop talking about my experience, which is exactly what they're trying to do.

I told them I want my money back for my listings - they refused.

They did though say that if I removed the product, they would look at reinstating my account, but that they would have to review all the listings (this is ridiculous as it's not all my listings that are the issue according to them).

This is so heavy handed and such a poor experience that I won't ever have anything to do with them again.

If I could give them ZERO stars, I would. They are just such an unethical company.

Original review posted by user Oct 21, 2016

I started selling some items there about a week ago.

A week in, my account was suddenly suspended with no explanation, no communication, nothing. There was a message at the top of my account telling me to check my email or email support for help. I got no email from them, so I contacted support twice to ask what was going on.

I got an email after that telling me to review my inactive items (all my items are inactive, not some of them) and that "Should you be granted an opportunity to reactivate your account, it will constitute your final chance to comply with Etsy's policy on counterfeit items. Any further violations will result in the termination of your account privileges."

Basically threatening me yet not telling me what I apparently did wrong. Oh, but I didn't do anything wrong - I don't have anything listed that doesn't already exist on Etsy by hundreds of other people. So why are they targeting me and not anyone else? I have no idea. I don't know why they did it. I have received no explanation so far about why they did this. Yet, they have taken my money for listing items and yet I didn't receive the service I paid for. That is UNETHICAL and dodgy service. They threaten me with their emails as if I have done something so wrong, yet I see the same products listed on their site. How does that work? One rule for established users and one rule for completely new users? It's ridiculous.

I tweeted to them and I got one response back asking for my details in a DM, which I provided. Have I heard anything back? Nope.

I replied to the email I got. Did I get a response back? Nope.

Etsy is so unresponsive and unethical. This is totally dodgy business practice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Account.

Etsy Pros: I feel taken advantage of.

Etsy Cons: Bullies and cons, Deceptive store.

• Etsy Unfair