Reston, Virginia

I really liked an item and wanted to buy it. For 2 days I tried to use their payment process, PayPal, but it was not working.

You can not contact Etsy. The email that I sent, asking for help, was answered with the suggestion to “contact the seller”. I did and after 4 days, agreed to send a Money Order to the seller. You can guess the rest of the story.

The seller took the $377.00, cancelled his Etsy account and his cell phone number. Etsy said they couldn’t help me because I had not used PayPal…..but Etsy, I tried for 4 days!!!! Etsy has ignored the entire issue and was not willing to give any forwarding info or any help so that I could try to re-coup my money. It has been reported to the police.

There is no support for the buyer. Beware!

Etsy Cons: No response from seller, Customer service, No response from etsy, Provided proof etsy ignored, No shipping by seller.

Comments

flipperforever15

etsy won't help you even with a paypal account. i had a bad experience with Repose on etsy.

he sells *** clothing. has a lot of good reviews but he decided to rip me. Repose told me etsy said he doesn't have to refund for that piece of trash he sent me. it's not required, even it was his fault.

it was not as described.

i talked to kayla with etsy and she told me no, they're not required to refund. even if he did have a proper paypal, they wouldn't have enforced it if something was wrong.

Why wasn't PayPal working? Was PayPal not working, or did the shop not have a PP account...

or what? If you don't know the seller, NEVER send cash/money order!!

It sucks that Etsy won't help you, though. :(

Why in the world would you mail a money order? Didn't any red flags pop up in your head when you realized the seller couldn't use their paypal acct? What this crook did to you was terrible for sure but for goodness sake you need to be a little more savvy than that.