Verified Reviewer

I have been informed by UPS that an import duty of £175.57 is due on my parcel, tracking no: 1Z5Y410004****5167. I contacted the sender, who said this cannot be right.

Evidently no charge should be made under a value of £135. My item cost £78.16 I have tried to email you on your website, but my query won't send because I have no notification number, as there has been no attempt to deliver the parcel. I spent most of yesterday trying to sort out this issue. I spent 2 hours waiting on the phone, and still didnt get through.

What is happening? Why is a charge being made?

I have just learned that the parcel is due to be delivered today.

I presume I will be asked to pay the duty, but I have been assured by the sender that there is nothing to pay. What happens now?

User's recommendation: When buying an import, ask for precise details about customs duty. I am being charged £175.75 import duty for bedspread from Jaipur that cost £78.16! It is extremely difficult to make contact with the delivery company, UPS, who have informed me about the duty amount. I have waited 2 hours on the phone, without reply on one occasion and 45 minutes after that.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Etsy Pros: No contact no help.

Etsy Cons: Are terrible at communication.

Comments