Verified Reviewer

I closed one of my shops and opened a new shop. Within 5 minutes (I only had 1 listing at that point) the shop was closed and my account suspended.

I sent an email asking why my account was suspended so that I might have an opportunity to either discuss the issue or fix

whatever was incorrect.

I received one, very curt email in reply. The email is reproduced below

"After a close review of your account, my team and I have determined that we can no longer accommodate your business on Etsy. As a result, your account has been closed.

Please do not open any additional accounts for buying or selling, as they will be closed without notice.

This decision is final, and we will be unable to respond to any further outreach about your account. This email constitutes our final communication on this matter."

Keep in mind that this was the first and ONLY response to my query.

I then made a phone call to support and also emailed their legal department. It has been 5 days and no reply.

I violated no policies or guidelines to my knowledge.

I have had a store on Etsy for several years without any issues. I sell cotton fabrics (the same ones that are sold by hundreds of other shops).

User's recommendation: Anyone want to support building a competitor?

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Seller Program.

Preferred solution: re-open my shops and unsuspend my account (an apology would be nice as well).

Etsy Pros: Nice people with a variety of shops, Nice shop owners.

Etsy Cons: No response from company, Bad customer service.

Comments

#2013120

Additional info: I called Etsy customer support. After speaking with "Lilly" who answered the phone, I asked, politely, to speak with a manager.

After waiting on hold for 15 minutes she came back on the line and said the manager was unable to address the issue and that she needed to end the call. She then proceeded to hang-up the phone on me.

This is outrageous!! Any attorney feel like doing some pro-bono work and going after these bastards?

Etsy Reviews