Etsy - Leather Jacket Ripped Up/Damaged Seller Didn't Disclose Deceptive
Update added by user Sep 24, 2016
I gave him bad feedback on etsy so he responded.in our previous emails, he accused me of making the repairs around the neck.
In his response to my bad feedback, he said he did it. The nerve of that arrogant little piece of crap to try to pawn that junkie jacket on me. He never disclosed the damage and the repair. I can't believe anyone would do that to someone and I can't believe Etsy won't take up for a customer that has been taken advantage of.
You are at the mercy of the dishonest seller.Not much you can do about it.
Original review posted by user Sep 02, 2016
Bought a leather jacket from Repose on Etsy.R didn't post pics of the lining.
I assumed/trusted it was good, his guarantee. Below is what I got. I requested a refund of orig AND return shipping. He had to know the jacket was in that condition when he shipped it to me.
If I had seen the lining, I never would have bought it. I paid 66 plus 18 something shipping for that. I opened a case with Etsy. R said he would refund jacket and the one ship.
He claimed I was trying to get a bonus ship refund. He said I paid the shipping to you and you pay the shipping back to me, so we are even. I said you paid the shipping to me with MY money. He said trust me, it all works out.
I said no, it doesn't work out. I told him this is your doing. I shouldn't have to be out of pocket a dime for this. He tells Etsy the lining had slight imperfections and accused me of making the repairs.
He said sorry I He said the item wasn't what I hoped. He told Etsy I was combative. Yes, I was. I was mad; I was real mad that he would send this to me.
He said Etsy doesn't require sellers to refund. I asked Etsy and K said no, they don't. He's so arrogant and abusive and dishonest with me regarding the condition of that jacket. 1st time I ever had a problem with Etsy.
Now, I don't much care for that site. eBay will take care of you; Etsy doesn't. I bought clothing from eBay and everything I bought was wonderful, real happy. But, this guy, NO.
Obviously, there was a reason he didn't show pictures of the lining. After hearing that Etsy doesn't require sellers to refund, I figured if I pursued it, I wouldn't get ANY money back.
I was tired of his abuse, so I ate the return shipping, got my refund and closed my case.Beware.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Etsy did call me after i requested a call
What I disliked
- Permits fraud actually promotes is
You May Also Like
- "Proof Origami Owl's copyrights are fraudulent. If they truly had original artwork no one ever made it would be a miracle The baseball softball can be found all over the..."
- "I haven't received any of the products and items I ordered on Etsy and I paid for all of them wats the issue they should be should be shipped to..."
- "My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone...."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "Sears and the third party delivery that they are using, have been a horror story for me and my wife as well. Purchased a Sealy Granite Bay Ti2 mattress Jan..."
- "*** poor made pizza more sauce than toppings I wouldnt feed this *** pizza to the homeless ppl I worked here an no wonder their food sucks who would do..."
- "I moved to my home in February 2015. The previous owner had DISH, but we went with Time Warner for cable, internet and phone. In the front yard..."