Etsy - Leather Jacket Ripped Up/Damaged Seller Didn't Disclose Deceptive

53 of 205 Etsy reviews

Update added by user Sep 24

I gave him bad feedback on etsy so he responded.in our previous emails, he accused me of making the repairs around the neck.

In his response to my bad feedback, he said he did it. The nerve of that arrogant little piece of crap to try to pawn that junkie jacket on me. He never disclosed the damage and the repair. I can't believe anyone would do that to someone and I can't believe Etsy won't take up for a customer that has been taken advantage of.

You are at the mercy of the dishonest seller.Not much you can do about it.

Original review posted by user Sep 02

Bought a leather jacket from Repose on Etsy.R didn't post pics of the lining.

I assumed/trusted it was good, his guarantee. Below is what I got. I requested a refund of orig AND return shipping. He had to know the jacket was in that condition when he shipped it to me.

If I had seen the lining, I never would have bought it. I paid 66 plus 18 something shipping for that. I opened a case with Etsy. R said he would refund jacket and the one ship.

He claimed I was trying to get a bonus ship refund. He said I paid the shipping to you and you pay the shipping back to me, so we are even. I said you paid the shipping to me with MY money. He said trust me, it all works out.

I said no, it doesn't work out. I told him this is your doing. I shouldn't have to be out of pocket a dime for this. He tells Etsy the lining had slight imperfections and accused me of making the repairs.

He said sorry I He said the item wasn't what I hoped. He told Etsy I was combative. Yes, I was. I was mad; I was real mad that he would send this to me.

He said Etsy doesn't require sellers to refund. I asked Etsy and K said no, they don't. He's so arrogant and abusive and dishonest with me regarding the condition of that jacket. 1st time I ever had a problem with Etsy.

Now, I don't much care for that site. eBay will take care of you; Etsy doesn't. I bought clothing from eBay and everything I bought was wonderful, real happy. But, this guy, NO.

Obviously, there was a reason he didn't show pictures of the lining. After hearing that Etsy doesn't require sellers to refund, I figured if I pursued it, I wouldn't get ANY money back.

I was tired of his abuse, so I ate the return shipping, got my refund and closed my case.Beware.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Etsy did call me after i requested a call
  • What I disliked
    • Permits fraud actually promotes is

Reason of review:
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
53 of 205 Etsy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.