Etsy - Leather Jacket Ripped Up/Damaged Seller Didn't Disclose Deceptive
Update added by user Sep 24
I gave him bad feedback on etsy so he responded.in our previous emails, he accused me of making the repairs around the neck.
In his response to my bad feedback, he said he did it. The nerve of that arrogant little piece of crap to try to pawn that junkie jacket on me. He never disclosed the damage and the repair. I can't believe anyone would do that to someone and I can't believe Etsy won't take up for a customer that has been taken advantage of.
You are at the mercy of the dishonest seller.Not much you can do about it.
Original review posted by user Sep 02
Bought a leather jacket from Repose on Etsy.R didn't post pics of the lining.
I assumed/trusted it was good, his guarantee. Below is what I got. I requested a refund of orig AND return shipping. He had to know the jacket was in that condition when he shipped it to me.
If I had seen the lining, I never would have bought it. I paid 66 plus 18 something shipping for that. I opened a case with Etsy. R said he would refund jacket and the one ship.
He claimed I was trying to get a bonus ship refund. He said I paid the shipping to you and you pay the shipping back to me, so we are even. I said you paid the shipping to me with MY money. He said trust me, it all works out.
I said no, it doesn't work out. I told him this is your doing. I shouldn't have to be out of pocket a dime for this. He tells Etsy the lining had slight imperfections and accused me of making the repairs.
He said sorry I He said the item wasn't what I hoped. He told Etsy I was combative. Yes, I was. I was mad; I was real mad that he would send this to me.
He said Etsy doesn't require sellers to refund. I asked Etsy and K said no, they don't. He's so arrogant and abusive and dishonest with me regarding the condition of that jacket. 1st time I ever had a problem with Etsy.
Now, I don't much care for that site. eBay will take care of you; Etsy doesn't. I bought clothing from eBay and everything I bought was wonderful, real happy. But, this guy, NO.
Obviously, there was a reason he didn't show pictures of the lining. After hearing that Etsy doesn't require sellers to refund, I figured if I pursued it, I wouldn't get ANY money back.
I was tired of his abuse, so I ate the return shipping, got my refund and closed my case.Beware.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Etsy did call me after i requested a call
What I disliked
- Permits fraud actually promotes is
You May Also Like
- "No mystery here. I ordered 3 sets of this ***! I do mean ***! The bracelets won't even fit over my Wife's hands and all 3 sets are identical. Size..."
- "I sold an authentic Chanel bag on tradesy. It was authenticated by my poupette. I am a reputable seller on ebay. The buyer returned it accusing it being fake. Tradesy..."
- "My chain and several charms have tarnished bad. I paid over 100. dollars between the charms and chain. This is nothing but expensive garbage. Im disapointed that that glamorize this..."
- "i went to go buy Christmas tree cakes to have for Christmas but what do i find valentines cakes what the heck little Debbie its December 23 not even Christmas..."
- "My son received a haircut on Friday November 27, 2015, let's just say he has no hair left and went in with ALOT... He has longer hair which is the..."
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."