Verified Reviewer

Update by user May 24, 2021

No response from Etsy

Original review posted by user Apr 24, 2021

I opened an Etsy account and then immediately registered as a seller.

I answered all the questions required, including providing information regarding my bank account and other sensitive data.

I connected my Etsy account to my Printful account, which produces my designs on demand and fulfills orders for me. The original designs and all related intellectual property belong to me.

Shortly after I connected my Printful account, Etsy suspended my account without notice and without giving me a reason or opportunity to find out what the violation was.

Almost simultaneously, JP Morgan Chase blocked online access to my account due to suspicious activity involving the account I provided to Etsy.

Etsy then deactivated my account, again with no reason given, although I received an automated email this time only in response to my query asking for why my account was suspended.

Etsy decided whatever it was that I violated, it was egregious enough that not only my seller privileges were blocked but also buying privileges. The email included a dire warning that I was effectively banned from Etsy as a buyer or a seller.

During a call with a representative from JP Morgan Chases online fraud unit, my husband was told that they were not allowed to divulge the reason for blocking online access to our account. However he was informed that the nearly simultaneous blocking of our Chase account and Etsy deactivation of my account should not be considered a coincidence.

Given these circumstances--the suspension and deactivation of my Etsy account, the nearly simultaneous action of Chase to block online access to my bank account AND absent any transparency or explanation from Etsy, I can only draw the conclusion that Etsy is hiding some nefarious, unethical or negligent practice involving my financial data. Etsy collected sensitive personal information and apparently acted on that information that may have caused JP Morgan Chase to suspect fraud and block online access to my account.

I have made a demand to Etsy that Etsy provide assurance in writing by return email that ALL my sensitive information is COMPLETELY and IMMEDIATELY expunged from their records and detailing the process of how and when this will be done.

I have no intention or even the slightest inclination to ever deal with Etsy again. Of course, Etsy has not replied and probably never will.

User's recommendation: Run for your life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Seller Program.

Preferred solution: A written assurance from Etsy that all my financial and personal information has been expunged from their databases. And explanation for their possible attempt at fraudulent access to my bank account. .

Etsy Cons: Customer service that makes the cable companies look good, No phone number to contact them, No phone number for etsy to talk to a real person, Bullying.

Comments

#2008090

I've also had some serious issues with my seller's account with zero explanation from Etsy. Makes one wonder...

Etsy Reviews