I've had many customers and clients of mine telling me someone is stealing your designs and selling them on Etsy! I logged on myself to see what was going on and found 2 of my designs and several other designers designs copied and were being sold on Etsy!

I followed the protocol and contacted the seller he was illegally stealing my intellectual property and to remove it immediately, his Etsy shop page said he had sold 629 necklaces and 662 rings that he designed or will custom make? It's a total intellectual property infringement! After a few messages back and forth I told him I was reporting him to Etsy legal department and I would also file a law suite against him! I believe he has removed the items off his page but are selling the to other people that have Etsy shops!

I am the original creator and designer of these items, they were made on the request of the Musical group the Hollywood Vampires which are celebrities and famous Musicians! (Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper and Joe Perry) the knock-off's are being produced in China and were sold on Etsy for 1/3 of the cost it cost's me to make in the US. he claims to be the designer and creator of these pieces! It looks as if he finely removed my designs which proves he is responsible the theft of my intellectual property and has negatively impacted my business financially!

the seller is currently posting other designers designs as well and I informed them to also file a complaint to cease and desist this fraudulent and illegal activity!

Etsy has probably received many complaints against the seller!

First 2 pictures are off of the sellers Etsy's store the remainder are of my original designs! sa saasaid he

User's recommendation: He be removed from Etsy for stealing and selling designers intellectual property!

Preferred solution: Seller be removed from Etsy for Intellectual Property theft!.

Comments