This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jan 08, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund. Neither company - neither Etsy nor Asoka - fixed the issue. PayPal fixed the issue..

Update by user Jan 08, 2021

After the lack of support from Etsy in contacting Asoka, and after not receiving another response from Asoka regarding my request for shipping information, I contacted PayPal to file a complaint. They have investigated Etsy and Asoka, and have refunded to me my payment to Asoka in full.I would warn anyone thinking about purchasing from Etsy, as although they present themselves as a seller of imported and other goods, in actuality they act as middlemen and advertisers for various merchants, and evidently do not screen the integrity or lack thereof of these merchants.

At least Etsy is consistent in my experience, as it seems to me that Etsy itself is lacking in business integrity. My episode is now resolved.

Update by user Dec 26, 2020

I filed a dispute concerning Asoka's continued lack of response with Pay Pay on December 18, and requested an escalation to a claim on Dec. 26.

Etsy is evidently useless in assisting customers in this situation, and woefully inadequate in providing information to first-time customers in how they operate.

Etsy appears to be an online store. Etsy is not only not an online store, but is careless about the integrity of their vendors, and offers customers no sense of previous customer satisfaction with the vendors.

Update by user Dec 14, 2020

Here is a chat conversation I had with an Etsy employee: J. Fortier’s chat with an Etsy employee on Dec.

13 2020:Me: My transaction number is 6KU27035MB097583N. The asoka item number is 89832****. The seller has not responded to me. I looked for the item today in etsy's online catalog and the item is no longer there.

I WANT A REFUND ASAP. I am copying this message to PissedCunsumer.com, and will be contacting their lawyer. Chat startedEtsyWe’re connecting you to an agent. While you wait, please add more details that are relevant to your request, including your full name and email address.

Closing this window will end the chat.Enri joined the chatEnriHI there!Me: I already typed the message. It's above. EnriOh! I am so sorry to hear that the shop is not appearing on the site.Let me have that check to sort this out.To start, can I have your full name and email address please?Me: Joseph Fortierjosephfortier@***.comEnriThanks, Joseph!

Can you also confirm the shipping address on the order?1141 N. 2nd Ave. Apt. 1Okanogan, WA 98840EnriThanks!Let me see what I can find out on my end for you.

Please give me a few moments and I'll be right back.Me: It's late. I need to get up early. Please hurry. EnriI will be reaching out to the seller and give them a heads up to remind them of your order and sort things out.I understand that you wanted your money back,the payment was sent directly to the seller's account, so only they have access to the funds used to pay for the order.Please be advise that paypal is a thrid party payment method.Me: Be assured that all of this will go to Pissed'consumer.com and their lawyer.

EnriI respectfully understand where you are coming from, Joseph. I already reach out to the seller about your request as soon as they have been notified, they should be able to check that you need assistance for the orderMe: I hold my ground. At the time of payment, my understanding was that I was paying Etsy. EnriI am so sorry that this caught you off guard, Joseph.

These are third-party payment methods so the payment when directly to the seller's account.Me: As I wait to receive reimbursement for a payment that was riskier than I realized in doing business with etzy that I am in increasing doubt that will receive, I shall communicate all of this to the lawyer. Have you any advice for him/her that you would like me to include? EnriHere's PayPal's contact information: Help Center and Contact page: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home Support by Phone: 1-88*-***-**** (US), 1-40*-***-**** (if calling from outside the US) PayPal may require your PayPal transaction ID: 5ML19461JX610914KMe: That will be a start. Again this would seem to be Etsy's responsibility, but it seems that Etsy does not take the responsibility that a reasonable person would assume it would.

EnriI’m very sorry that things turned out this way I understand that you are very upset that things ended up like this But I can tell that our team is getting in touch with the seller to sort things out.Me: Seeing is believing. I think a lawyer will be helpful.

Update by user Dec 11, 2020

I called Etsy again today to check about my order - to see if there was a tracking order yet. Got a message, as last time, that I could leave my phone number & they'd call when my "place in line" came up. This time there was no callback.

Update by user Dec 09, 2020

I was able to use the phone contact information that I got from pissedconsumer.com to contact an Etsy employee. I provided her with my report number.

She looked up my purchase and told me that the seller, Asoka, will ship the item tomorrow (Dec. 10).

With pissed consumer's helpful information I will be able to keep on their tails until the item arrives. The person I contacted seemed helpful.

Original review posted by user Dec 09, 2020

I purchased an item from asoka through etsy: Wooden juwellery [sic] box

Item# 89832****: Dec 6, 2020 17:59:45 PST

Transaction ID: 6KU27035MB097583N

Although I contacted asoka with the email address available through Etsy, I have not received a response concerning shipping information. The Etsy website is useless as far as customer service goes. I am wondering if I should contact a lawyer.

User's recommendation: At present, I'm still waiting for a response from Etsy, and can't recommend doing business with the company until or unless I get a response.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Etsy Cons: Questionable honesty.

Comments