I have a problem with a shelf I ordered on Etsy. The wood is warped and everything I put on it leans forward. I contacted the seller. She said she was moving and would ship a replacements in two weeks. A month went by and nothing. I contacted her again to follow up. She said she mailed a new one and it would be arriving in a week. Three weeks have gone by and I have nothing. I asked her to check the tracking and she said she would have to check with her "representative" and get back to me. No response, of course.

In the mean time, I reached out to Etsy about my issue. Unfortunately, the item is no longer eligible to open a case (which is a whole different issue. It has been a month and no response from them either. I sent them a follow up message and nothing. I had to send another message today. Not sure why I did because I am not very hopeful anyone will ever get back to me regarding this.

It's extremely frustrating because this seller clearly acknowledged the issue with the shelf (I sent photos) and now I feel she is playing games with me.

My other issue is no response from Etsy. Regardless of the issue, they should respond to customers! I have never experienced a lack of response like this from a company before. I have purchased many items on Etsy over the past 5 years. This is the first time I have had an issue and I feel completely abandoned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Customer Care.

Comments