753 views
Verified Reviewer

Seller cancelled my order without even asking. She leaves details out of the description in which it says handmade but what she doesnt say is she send the items to a seamstress to be made so she is not making them.

Estimated delivery was 2 weeks when first purchasing but after was told September 2 (WHICH WAS FINE) is when it will be shipped by. I kindly asked if she could give me an estimation of shipping since it is the day after it says. I then asked again for an estimation of shipping wondering if she thinks it will be 1,2, or 3 weeks. Instead I got a whole backstory and excuses and then she just cancelled my order without mutual agreement.

SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND RIDICULOUS. Probably asked her 4 or 5 separate times if she could give me an estimation of when she thinks it may be shipped by but was only given attitude.

Really was looking forward to my purchase. Obviously not getting it.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy anything from Salena Herring in Texas!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Salena Herring Profile.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Etsy Pros: No pros.

Etsy Cons: Seller was rude, Did the opposite of what was asked, Was giving unprofessional excuses, Refunded my purchase with no mutual feelings.

Comments

#2036596

"..... Or if you would prefer I can cancel your order....." This what your text message said.

She is giving you a choice here. Thist sentence does not states... I am cancelling your order. Maybe you misinterpreted what she wrote.

I cannot understand you not being happy since she continued to push the date further back. Totally understandable. I live in Texas and every thing really was shut down. I can attest to that.

We were in a lockdown and now , that we are 'open' my city which is a tourist type place has had 300,000 every weekend. My town is a popular tourist area and out population is about 50,000. We have experienced this since it was ok to go places. As far as this person having someone else making her items.

I know of someone who evidently buys things from others and resells them. The person I know and this person is not the same. I know that the main requirement is that all items must be homemade or vintage. This person does fit the homemade portion.

The item does not need to be made by the shop owner. I do not believe that is in the rules. I cannot speak for the person who was selling to you. She does not work for Etsy so, in a sense Etsy cannot be blamed.

If she was employed by them then, yes that would be an Etsy issue. Life was crazy during the pandemic because everything was shut down. Parents in Texas could not go to work because schools and daycares were closed. Lots of parents had tons of issues.

This was a nightly thing on the news.

Hopefully, the people got vaccinated and Delta will not be as bad. Unfortunately, the current news says it is already rising for unvaccinated people.

#1960348

Lady. How in the world does some random person on the website being rude to you have anything to do with the company ETSY. Please think without your emotions.

#1996799
@PissedConsumer1960348

How else would Etsy know they have a bad seller. Some sellers do not provide means complaint or ratings.

Etsy Reviews