Jacksonville, Florida

I had several RL issues hit me at once, which resulted in less than 10% of my Etsy orders being shipped late. Etsy said that since I had such a good record previously, they would put me on probation for 30 days to give me a chance to turn things around.

During that time, they would hold all money I made, and it would be released upon successful completion of probation. I was encouraged to complete as many new transactions as possible because the more positive reviews I had, the better my numbers would be. Within the probation period, I resolved all the complaints against me, and completed over 200 new transactions without complaints. I earned pages and pages of 5 star reviews.

Etsy then informed me that I had failed probation (?) and that they will hold my money for SIX MONTHS because someone else might file a complaint against me in the future. All of my items are shipped. Most have already received excellent feedback. There is absolutely no justification for them to hold my money.

And by the way, they reminded me that my bill is due the first of next month. Etsy's website states that I can request a committee review of my suspension.

I did so, but was informed that there would be no review and the agent's decision was final. Etsy obviously never had any intention of working with me and the whole probation period was nothing but their way of making as much money as possible off me before leaving me high and dry.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Website.

Reason of review: Blatant abuse of sellers by company.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: my money released that I earned..

Etsy Cons: Failure to honor their policies.

Comments