1.5
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jul 08

After about a month, I finally received the vintage table. It was really nice but too bad it was such a difficult transaction at Etsy and took so long for the seller to ship out to me after they charged me same day of the initial purchase.

Even after the long delay to ship out; the seller tried to get me to pay even more in shipping fees than I originally paid for (which I thought was very high to begin with). Bottom line is that Etsy has very little rules when it comes to the seller's responsibilities. Try getting a refund or return or even canceling the transaction; it would be something like getting a root canal. It is too bad because I did have a good experience with another seller at Etsy.

My advice is that you have to love the item so much that you can't live without it, then buy it at Etsy. Really look at the reviews; sometimes people give too many positives but if you find a couple of bad ones; buyer beware.

Finally, I would never buy clothes on Etsy, especially vintage ones. That seems to be a real problem (permanent BO stains, etc)

Original review posted by user Jun 08

I purchased a small vintage side table and seller charged my account in a few seconds and after two weeks has NOT shipped the item. Etsy leaves it up to the seller and there is NO Buyer recourse or support!!

Seller REFUSES to CANCEL AND REFUND and Etsy allows sellers to steal from buyers.

I have to go through my credit card for a refund! Buyer beware. Don't use Etsy!!!

This is the Seller's policy: I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations

But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.

In other words, if you are charged and ripped off, too bad.

Etsy should have a requirement that the item must be shipped by the Seller within 3 days of charging he customer!

Buyer beware. Don't use Etsy!!!

Etsy Cons: Being robbed.