Seven days ago I received an email that someone logged into my Etsy account. It was not me because I was sleeping at 3:40 AM Eastern standard time.

When I saw the email later that morning, I try to log on to my account.

I noticed that the password was changed. So I sent something to my email that I was able to change my password. But it was asking me for a code that was used on some sort of authorized app. I did not create a password.

I tried to contact Etsy and the person that I spoke to told me that I would be receiving an email. I did not receive an email from anyone. I had to go to my bank to cancel my debit card that was attached to my Etsy account so that someone wouldnt purchase. Anything through my card.

This caused a lot of distress because my debit card was attached to other things that I use.

I have recently contacted the Better Business Bureau because seven days have passed and no one has contacted me regarding this. I still cannot access my Etsy account because I did not create this four digit code that it is asking me for.

User's recommendation: Delete your Etsy account because they are terrible at customer service and they are terrible at protecting their customers.

Preferred solution: I would like to get access to my Etsy account back..

Location: Howell Township, New Jersey