Suspended Shops & Etsy deletes all my messages to contact them!

Update added by user Apr 22, 2015

Facebook post my comment was deleted from and they blocked my from commenting on their page

Original review posted by user Apr 22, 2015

Myself & my 2 daughters had individual etsy shops. None of our stuff are related or repeated. I sold Bath & body, my oldest sold high end handcrafted garments & my youngest sold adorable little miniature jewelry. We were all doing so well. My shop was opened for about 4 months & I reached 570 sales in so little time, perfect 5 stars great reviews & not 1 open case. Dec 12 2014 Etsy has suspended all of our shops. We have sent emails but have gotten no response.I have reached out on @etsyhelp on twitter. I was told I was going to be emailed back in a few days not 2 weeks past no response. I go back to twitter and got a message from Leslie a Etsy admin basically sending me the same message... I kept writing back to this twitter for several days and was completely IGNORED!

So I go to Facebook and write comment under a photo they have posted for a response... After a few messages they DELETED my comments! Unbelievable!

You cannot be a business owner or be successful with this site if all they do is close real handmade shops and keep the mass product shops up. The Etsy admins have the power over artisans that have a shop on the site. They promote about becoming entrepreneurs and building your own business . But how can any of us do that if there is no help? We spent a lot of time, money and dedication to our shops and for them to just go around and shut stores down for false reasons they will not take accountable for is just heart breaking. These Etsy Admins have the power to destroy or help build our future, our lives are based on there decisions to have us live our dream.

You can go to the office in brooklyn and the lady at the desk will lie to you and tell you they can't help you there when you SEE the admins walking in.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being ignored
    • Deleting comments so no ones sees

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Write back to us & put our shops back up!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Seller Policy
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #625680 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Etsy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 24 #1177367 Cleveland, Ohio

This happened to me. This is a mass class action lawsuit. Email me at

0 0 Reply

May 16, 2015 #985129

Support group

0 0 Reply

May 14, 2015 #984214

Myself and my daughters is total improper use of the word "Myself". Everyone is doing this now and it bothers me so I just had to correct you. You only use the word myself if you are the subject...I hate myself; I kicked myself, I am going to scream at myself....NOT John gave the video tape to myself and I transported it to my house; NOT myself and my daughters went to the's me and my daughters or my daughters and I....get it right; it only makes YOU sound ***.

2 9 Reply

May 14, 2015 #984224

I'm guessing you're a part of etsy support team. Obviously this mom is pissed and heart broken. How about a little support?....heartless.

3 0 Reply

Jan 03 #1087746 Exton, Pennsylvania

These responses are meant to be understood in common language, not in your meaningless snot-nose response to someone who is simply posting a complaint. Just about anyone would understand the language that she used. Get off your high horse and address the issues that others are posting.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.