1.4

I had a growing, successful business selling prints and illustrations.Then one day I went to log in, only to find my shop had been "suspended." Obviously, the memo telling me to contact Etsy to find out what I needed to do to get my shop reinstated was a bunch of bull - as the reply I received explained that my shop had been closed indefinitely.

What right do they have to hide behind their curtain, as the moment I lost access to my customers, my shop and everything else, I also lost access to phone support, and was left to plead my case only thru email, which then came the reply explaining their decision.

At the end of the email, Lisa blatenly states: Please do not email Etsy anymore, as we will not reply.If that's now the very definition of cowardliness, I don't know what is.

Review about: Etsy Account.

Reason of review: Unfairness.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Etsy?

Comments

You should've read the terms and conditions of the site.It's not "your" store, it's Etsy's.

They reserve the right to shut down any store at any time for any reason. They don't owe you an explanation. You were selling other peoples works.

Those who infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others get shut down.It's that simple.

to Anonymous #1392291

I have never had any issue with intellectual property rights on or outside of Etsy, including selling other people's work. Did you pull this out of thin air, or fail at reading my OP?

iamjakekerr
to iamjakekerr #1392294

PS.Your comment states the obvious, and my complaint was with how matters were/weren't dealt with regarding my account suspension.

I'm well aware of how Etsy works, and it would be hard to fathom any Etsy shop as my own site.

It was however "my" store - not Etsy's.This is obvious...

#1392043

totally agree.

Like all the market place, they are playing God.