Verified Reviewer

USPS put in a new automated system in the last couple years which has been automatically charging sellers a fee for shipping label adjustments on shipping labels that don't need it. In my case, the adjustment made on the shipping label I ordered didn't take place til a week after the package was already delivered and the information they adjusted it to was completely wrong information.

This fee came out to be the same as the shipping cost which eliminated any profit I was going to make from the sold item. Technically this is an issue with the USPS but they did not return any of my emails or calls and have even hung up on me the one time I finally connected with someone on the phone, so I went to Etsy for help and they closed my help request and emailed me saying they were going to suspend my store if I didn't comply with the charges.

User's recommendation: Avoid selling on Etsy unless you can ship through a different service other than USPS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Etsy Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Handle the USPS issue which is harming sellers.

Etsy Pros: Sellers are kind, Price and diversity.

Etsy Cons: Demanding sellers unethical practices or lose their ranking.

Comments